|Jennie Snell, PhD 206.932.2590
Child & Adolescent Psychologist email
Copyright © 2007 West Seattle Psychological Services
Seattle skyline image from ABKL Designs
Description of Practice
- Assessment & treatment of child
and adolescent concerns.
including anxiety, mood, ADHD,
behavior, and life stress.
- Anxiety Disorder focus includes
Selective Mutism and Obsessive
Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Many insurance plans accepted.
- Evening & Saturday
- Research-based, solution-focused, collaborative, practical and supportive.
- I develop warm, productive relationships with parents and children.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy incorporates play to engage and communicate
with children at their level.
- Encouragement of parent involvement and frequent parent consultation.
- School observation or consultation, when needed.
Education & License
- Washington License, 1999
- Ph.D., Clinical Child Psychology,
University of Washington, 1998.
- Intern, University of New Mexico.
- Fellow, U.W. Child Study and
- U.W. Adjunct Clinical Faculty,
- Clinical supervisor for psychology
- Research Scientist, Committee for
- Published research on bullying,
social skills & children's mental
- Supporting children through
stressful events such as divorce,
change of schools, bullying.
- Tools for challenging behaviors.
- Toileting concerns.
- Sleep problems like bedtime
resistance, night waking, refusing to
sleep in own room.
- School refusal.
West Seattle Psychological Services
4746 44th Ave SW, Ste. 202 (Level C)
Seattle, WA 98116
We are located in the West Seattle Junction, across the
street from Junction Hardware