|Jennie Snell, Ph.D. 206.932.2590
Child & Adolescent Psychologist email
West Seattle Psychological Services
Copyright © 2007 West Seattle Psychological Services, 4204 SW Oregon Street, Seattle, WA 98116
Seattle skyline image from ABKL Designs
Description of Practice
- Assessment & treatment of child
and adolescent concerns.
including anxiety, mood, ADHD,
behavior, and life stress.
- Anxiety Disorder focus includes
Selective Mutism and Obsessive
Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Many insurance plans accepted.
- Evening & Saturday
- Research-based, solution-focused, collaborative, practical and supportive.
- I develop warm, productive relationships with parents and children.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy incorporates play to engage and communicate
with children at their level.
- Encouragement of parent involvement and frequent parent consultation.
- School observation or consultation, when needed.
Education & License
- Washington License, 1999
- Ph.D., Clinical Child
Psychology, University of
- Intern, University of New
- Fellow, U.W. Child Study
and Treatment Center.
- U.W. Adjunct Clinical
- Clinical supervisor for
- Research Scientist,
Committee for Children.
- Published research on
bullying, social skills &
children's mental health.
- Supporting children through
stressful events such as divorce,
change of schools, bullying.
- Tools for challenging behaviors.
- Toileting concerns.
- Sleep problems like bedtime
resistance, night waking, refusing to
sleep in own room.
- School refusal.